Open Access Journals, Theses, & Dissertations
- BioMed Central - BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 220 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals.All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication. BioMed Central levies an article-processing charge to cover the cost of the publication process. Authors publishing with BioMed Central retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License which allows articles to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. BioMed Central is owned by Springer Science+ Business Media, and also hosts the SpringerOpen platform.
- Directory of Open Access Journals - The aim of the Directory of Open Access Journals is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact. The Directory aims to be comprehensive and cover all open access scientific and scholarly journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content. In short a one stop shop for users to Open Access Journals.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations - OATD.org aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 1000 colleges, universities, and research institutions. OATD currently indexes 2,912,453 theses and dissertations.
- Open Research Online - Open Research Online is a free, publicly accessible repository of the Open University's peer-reviewed research outputs. In the majority of cases the outputs are in the form of journal articles, book chapters or books, though other types will be added to the repository in future.
- PLoS One - An international, peer-reviewed, open-access, online journal publishing primary, original research from all disciplines within science and medicine.
- SAGE Open - SAGE Open is a peer-reviewed, "Gold" open access journal from SAGE that publishes original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Articles may span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
- Wiley Open Access - Wiley Open Access is an initiative from Wiley to drive quality peer reviewed publishing with speed and efficiency through open access publication. All research articles published in Wiley Open Access journals are immediately freely available to read, download and share. The fully open access journals are published in collaboration with authoritative journals and societies as well as supported by internationally renowned editorial board members.