Computers and Emerging Technology
- Association for Computing Machinery - ACM is widely recognized as the premier membership organization for computing professionals, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession; enable professional development; and promote policies and research that benefit society. ACM hosts the computing industry's leading Digital Library, and serves its global members and the computing profession with journals and magazines, conferences, workshops, electronic forums, and Learning Center.
- Computer and Internet Dictionary - The Computer & Internet Dictionary collection is an excellent free tool to train and widen your vocabulary. It addresses the field of Computer & Internet from various aspects, domains and frames of reference, such as Computer - General , Hardware , Abbreviations , Programming , Computer Games , Digital Media , Internet , Software , Web Design and Computer Networking.
- Computer History Museum - The Computer History Museum is the world's leading institution exploring the history of computing and its ongoing impact on society. It is home to the largest international collection of computing artifacts in the world, encompassing computer hardware, software, documentation, ephemera, photographs and moving images.
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures - This is a dictionary of algorithms, algorithmic techniques, data structures, archetypal problems, and related definitions. Algorithms include common functions, such as Ackermann's function. Problems include traveling salesman and Byzantine generals.
- DotWhat - DotWhat.net provides you with detailed information on file extensions and formats.
- Free Software Directory - The FSF maintains historic articles covering free software philosophy and maintains the Free Software Definition — to show clearly what must be true about a particular software program for it to be considered free software.
- Linktionary Search and Index - Linktionary is an on-line dictionary that includes extensive links to help further network research and training.
- MSDN Library - The MSDN Library, an essential source of information for developers using Microsoft tools, products, technologies and services. The MSDN Library includes how-to and reference documentation, sample code, technical articles, and more. To find the content you need, browse the table of contents, use search, or use a Quick Link to jump to some of the most popular areas of the library.
- Network Professionals Association - Network Professional Association (NPA) is the leading organization for network computing professionals.
- Securelist - Articles and information on computer security threats.
- The Language List - Collected information on about 2500 computer languages, past and present.
- The Strong - The Strong is a highly interactive, collections-based educational institution devoted to the study and exploration of play. Information on arcade games, console games and hardware, handheld games, PC games, and educational software is available on this site.
- Web Site Design Tutorials - This website provides access to a variety of tutorials on how to use Access, Cold Fusion and Excel. It also has links to tutorials on other programs.
- Webopedia - Webopedia is a free online dictionary for words, phrases and abbreviations that are related to computer and Internet technology. Webopedia provides easy-to-understand definitions in plain language, avoiding the use of heavy jargon when possible so that the site is accessible to users with a wide range of computer knowledge.
- WhatIs - WhatIs.com is a knowledge exploration and self-education tool about information technology, especially about the Internet and computers. It contains over 4,500 individual encyclopedic definition/topics, a number of "Fast Reference" pages and learning tools. The topics contain about 12,000 hyperlinked cross-references between definition-topics and to other sites for further information. The site is constantly updated.
- World Wide Web Consortium - The organization that "develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential."