SLS1101, College Success: Quiz
Instructor: Lynette Connelly
Click here for a printable
version of this quiz in PDF format.
NOTE: You must answer all questions before submitting this exam.
Open a new browser window or a tab in this browser and use it to find the answers to the following questions, returning to this browser window or tab to input your answer and go on to the next question.
- Options to "get assistance from a librarian" are located where?
- Which one of the following is the way to get help via email from an NWF State College librarian?
- On the LRC home page under I Need to Find . . ., there are Recommended Web sites. Which of the following are listed under the Reference category?
- When using I Need to Find . . . > Journal and Magazine Articles (Databases), I am asked to enter what information to log in?
- From the LRC home page, which of these headings is the one that will help you locate a book in the NWFSC LRC or in any of the state and community colleges in Florida?
- The college owns a book entitled College Success Strategies written by Sherrie L. Nist and Jodi Patrick Holschuh. What is the call number assigned to this book?
- In Help and How To find and open the Research Guide named "Identifying a Scholarly Journal." Item Number 7 states: "Articles in journals often begin with brief summaries or _____________ of the contents."
- The information icon (the "i" symbol) is found bside the titles of databases in I Need to Find > Journal & Magazine Articles (Databases). This icon links to:
- When using the Primo Central search, (I Need to Find . . . > Books, Videos or eBooks, it is possible to search for all items (books, ebooks, audio-visual material, and articles) at once or to specify what materials to search by using the:
- Clicking on Borrow an item from another library (ILL), you may