How Do I...
Use web-accessible library services?
A wide array of research services are available to NWFSC students and faculty on this website. The statewide gateway, LINCCWeb, at http://www.linccweb.org/ is also available. From any internet-accessible computer, you can take advantage of:
- Full-text articles and research databases.
- Ask-A-Librarian reference services.
- Online interlibrary loan services.
- MLA and APA style guides.
- Electronic books (Ebooks).
- Online library catalogs providing access to books, Web sites and other materials.
WHAT RESEARCH DATABASES ARE AVAILABLE AND HOW DO I GET TO THEM?
To access the databases, choose 'Journal and Magazine Articles (Databases)' in the 'I Need to Find...' menu. This will open the Electronic Resources page. When prompted to do so, select Northwest Florida State College in the appropriate drop down box, enter your student ID number and the last four digits of your SSN. Then click 'Log On'.
A sample of what you can get:
- ACADEMIC SEARCH COMPLETE-Full-text articles on a wide range of topics.
- LITERATURE RESOURCES FROM GALE- Literary criticism and biography.
- ISSUES AND CONTROVERSIES- Pros and cons on select social issues.
- NEWSBANK- Full-text newspaper, magazine, and news wire articles.