The InterLibrary Loan Request Form may be used by eligible Northwest Florida State College Patrons to request books or photocopies of articles from other libraries. The form may also be used to request that books from the Niceville Campus LRC be sent to NWFSC patrons at other locations.
If you are not an experienced ILL user, please read the FAQs listed below. When you are ready, click here to complete the request form.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
The Interlibrary Loan service (ILL) provides materials to eligible patrons by borrowing books or requesting photocopies of articles from other libraries. The ILL service may also be used by Northwest Florida State College patrons to request that materials from the Niceville campus LRC be sent to them at other locations.
Who can use the ILL service at Northwest Florida State College?
Currently-enrolled NWFSC students, faculty and staff, and certain other categories of patrons may make ILL requests through the Learning Resources Center. Other patrons should contact their public library or base library for this service.
When should I use Interlibrary Loan?
ILL-eligible patrons may ask to borrow books or obtain photocopies of articles when the information they need is not available in the NWF State College collection or in the full-text, online databases provided for our patrons. The LRC does not borrow audio-visual items, such as videocassettes, since we choose not to lend those categories to other libraries.
How many books or photocopies can I request at one time?
Students may have three "active" requests at one time. Faculty and staff may submit a larger number of requests. A request is "active" until the photocopy arrives or until a book is returned.
How soon will it arrive?
The average time from request to arrival is 7 to 10 days. Many items arrive more quickly. Sometimes an item cannot be borrowed. If you must have the item in less than a week, it's better to look for other material in the LRC collection or in the periodical and reference databases that we make available (both on- and off-campus) to our patrons. (Remember that the LRC staff is available to help you.)
How do I complete an online ILL request form?
- After reading the FAQs, select and complete the ILL Request form. This form may be used to request books owned by NWF State College or by other libraries.
- Call 729-5395, email Ask-a-Librarian, or visit the Reference staff at the Niceville campus LRC if you have questions or need help.
How will I know when my material has arrived?
The ILL staff will call or email you when your material is ready.
Where can I pick up my book or photocopy?
Interlibrary Loan items can be picked up at any of the following locations:
- Niceville campus LRC - Circulation Desk
- Fort Walton Beach campus Library
- Robert L.F. Sikes Education Center - Crestview
- Walton County Public Library - DeFuniak Springs
- NWF State College Education Center - Eglin AFB
- NWF State College Education Center - Hurlburt Field
You must pick up your own material, and you will be asked to show a photo ID.
Where should I return the ILL book?
Interlibrary Loan books, as well as books owned by the NWF State College LRC, may be returned at any of the six locations listed above.
How long may I keep the book? What if I'm late in returning it?
Student loan periods (due dates), overdue fines, and lost or damaged book charges are the same for Interlibrary Loan as for LRC-owned books. The 2-week student loan period begins when the book arrives at NWFSC. Faculty and staff loan periods depend on the time allowed by the supplying library.
I have other questions. Who should I ask?
Stop at the Reference Desk, or call 850-729-5395, or use our online option, Ask-a-Librarian.
Before you use ILL,
- Did you check the catalog, in LINCCWeb, to see if Northwest Florida State College owns this book?
- Is this article available full-text in one of our online databases?
- Have you contacted the Reference staff for help in locating the information you need within the Northwest Florida State College LRC collection?
- Have you allowed 7 to 10 days for delivery?